Creating a Hotfolder Location
- On the Windows Start Menu, click Hotfolder Service Configuration.
How to create a Hotfolder Location
- Start the Hotfolder Service Configuration.
- If you haven't configured the server connection yet, click on the cogwheel to define the connection Settings (1).
- Define the server address, the server and queue port (2). Click OK to confirm your changes.
- To set up a new hotfolder location, click New on the toolbar.
- Enter a name for the shared location.
- Location: Click the browse button and select a folder you want to use as a shared parent folder for the hotfolders (which are set up as subfolders with suffixes).
- Click Save and Close.
The hotfolder location will be shown in the hotfolder location list (3).
All hotfolders are subfolders of a Hotfolder Location. Each hotfolder has its own input and output folders as subfolders. Backup and Error folders can be set up for each hotfolder but also as common folders used for all hotfolders.