Our recommendations and minimum system requirements are meant to provide general guidelines for running GMG ColorServer. We recommend systems that meet or exceed the following requirements.
The ideal computer configuration depends on the individual configuration and number of components.
GMG ColorServer supports all versions of Windows Pro / Enterprise / Server officially supported and distributed by Microsoft. Windows Home is not supported. In addition to Windows, the Client application supports all versions of macOS currently distributed and officially supported by Apple Inc. For more information, please refer to the documentation of the operating system provider.
Processor: Intel® Core ™ i7
Memory: 8 GB RAM, 512 GB SSD hard disk drive
- Required for the GMG GamutViewer feature: Video card with enabled Direct 3D acceleration and OpenGL 3.2 or higher, updated driver (not Windows default driver)
- Minimum resolution 1280 x 1024 pixels
- USB port: 1 for dongle, 1 per measuring device
Measuring devices: GMG ColorServer does not support any measuring device taken out of production by the device manufacturer.
- Use an SSD hard disk.
- Use a high CPU performance. The PDF processing speed depends mainly on CPU performance.
- RAM is important for PDF jobs. A standard PDF with a single A3 page requires about 2 GB RAM and 20 GB temporary hard disk space. A typical packaging job with spot colors and flattening can require between 4 to 16 GB RAM and 150 GB temporary hard disk space. The system itself, i.e. the server and hotfolder service, requires only about 1.5 GB.