Ports and URLs
GMG OpenColor is designed to connect easily without any special firewall configurations being necessary. However, in some situations, for example in a corporate environment with strict security policies, a firewall might be set up to block all unknown connections. In this case, you will need to configure the firewall to allow the connection.
|Can be changed here
|Dynamic profiling, connectivity to other applications, GMG OpenColor RemoteClient
|Preferences > Service Settings > Web Service Port
|Application Service, Patch Download, Web-Based Setup, License Update
|Product Update & License Update
Enable the port or, alternatively, put the following endpoint URL on your firewall's whitelist:
- On the computer where the GMG OpenColor application is installed, open the Firewall & network protection settings of the Windows operating system.
- Navigate to Advanced settings.
The Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security window is opened.
- In the tree view on the left side, click Inbound Rules.
- On the Actions pane on the right, click New Rule.
The Rule Type window is opened.
- Select Port and click the Next button.
- Select Specific local ports and enter 8080 for the port.
- Click the Next button and keep the default settings until the Name step.
- Enter a Name, for example, "OpenColor Web Interface" and click Finish.
The new rule will appear in the Inbound Rules list.
Screenshot of the Inbound Rules list.The top item is the new "OpenColor Web Interface" rule.
Depending on your configuration, Windows Firewall might ask you at the program start of GMG OpenColor whether to unblock the program or not. If you are not prompted, you might need to manually unblock GMG OpenColor by adding an exception to the firewall, as described in the following.
- Open the Control Panel.
- Click Windows Defender Firewall.
The Windows Defender Firewall dialog box is displayed.
- On the left pane, click Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall.
A list of allowed programs is displayed.
- Add a check mark to GMG OpenColor.
- Click OK to confirm your changes.