Our recommendations and minimum system requirements are meant to provide general guidelines for running GMG OpenColor. We recommend systems that meet or exceed the following requirements.
Please note that the ideal computer configuration depends on the number of connected GMG ColorProof instances and on the level of profile calculation requests.
GMG OpenColor supports all versions of Windows Pro / Enterprise / Server officially supported and distributed by Microsoft. Windows Home is not supported.
Processor: Intel® Core ™ i7
Memory: 8 GB RAM, 512 GB SSD hard disk drive
- Required for the GMG GamutViewer feature: Video card with enabled Direct 3D acceleration and OpenGL 3.2 or higher, updated driver (not Windows default driver)
- Minimum resolution 1280 x 1024 pixels
- USB port: 1 for dongle, 1 per measuring device
Measuring devices: GMG OpenColor does not support any measuring device taken out of production by the device manufacturer.
- GMG ColorProof version 5.6 or higher for using ContoneProof profiles (MXN)
- GMG DotProof/GMG FlexoProof 5.8 or higher for using DotProof profiles (MXD)